G-Sol: your best choice for success in IELTS
Join our legacy of great scores on IELTS!
IELTS: The International English Language Testing System
The G-Sol Coaching institute is one of the best IELTS coaching institutes in Panchkula. We have a confident resume of our highly experienced trainers on our name. Through a well approached study agenda we thrive to guide our students closer towards their goals.
Our simple yet methodical training system is suitable to meet the needs of students who aspire to excel in every aspect of their careers.
We offer a unique range of services dedicated to students to ace in IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, personality development, CELPIP and many more.
We have been inspiring Indian students and successfully turning their dreams into realities to study overseas in the reputed institutes of their choice.
Let’s get introduced with IELTS first :
IELTS (The International English Language Testing System ):
- IELTS stands for The International English Language Testing System. It is taken by the students in order tostudy or work in those countries where English is the primary language of communication and instruction.
- It is a compulsory exam for admission into training programsand universities in the UK, Australia, New- Zealand and Canada. It is often recognized by Professional bodies, government agencies and immigration authorities in these countries.
- IELTS is managed by three organizations – British Council, AustraliaIDP IELTS and Cambridge ESOL examination- the University of Cambridge
- IELTS covers four basic language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking. It is administered at centers throughout the world.
Formats of IELTS:
There are two formats of IELTS:Academic and General training.
- Academic format: it is for Institutions of Higher and Further Education.
The Academic format is related to admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- General Training:basically for school, work or migration.
- The General Training format focuses on basic day today skills in social and workplace areas.
- It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs
- The Listening and Speaking modules remain the same in both the formats but have different Reading and Writing modules.
The IELTS 9-band scale:
Provided information not assessable.
Essentially has no ability to use the language beyond possibly a few isolated words.
No real communication is possible except for the most basic information using isolated words or short formulae in familiar situations and to meet immediate needs. Has great difficulty understanding spoken and written English.
Extremely limited user
Conveys and understands only general meaning in very familiar situations. Frequent breakdowns in communication occur.
Basic competence is limited to familiar situations. Has frequent problems in understanding and expression. Is not able to use complex language.
Has partial command of the language, coping with overall meaning in most situations, though is likely to make many mistakes. Should be able to handle basic communication in own field.
Has generally effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies and misunderstandings. Can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations.
Has operational command of the language, though with occasional inaccuracies and misunderstandings in some situations. Generally handles complex language well and understands detailed reasoning.
Very good user
Has fully operational command of the language with only occasional unsystematic inaccuracies. Misunderstandings may occur in unfamiliar situations. Handles complex detailed argumentation well.
Has fully operational command of the language: appropriate, accurate and fluent with complete understanding.
- The total duration of the exam is 2 hours 45 minutes. The Listening, Reading and Writing tests are done in one sitting. The Speaking test may be on the same day or up to seven days before or after the other tests.
- The registration fee for the IELTS is INR 12,650.
- IELTS scores are valid for 2 years.
There is no criteria for pass or fail in IELTS. Applicants are graded on their performance using scores from 1 to 9 for each part of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The results from the four parts then produce an Overall Band Score.
This 9-band system measures scores in a consistent manner – wherever the test centre is located and whenever the test is taken. It is internationally recognized and understood.
IELTS Syllabus :
The IELTS Exam consists of Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking parts.
IELTS Syllabus is set by its administrators namely British Council, IDP and Cambridge ESOL (Cambridge English) Examinations for both the IELTS formats – IELTS Academic format and IELTS General Training.
According to the IELTS Syllabus 2020, the Listening and Speaking parts would be the same for all the test-takers, however, there might be some differences in the reading and writing modules for Academic and General Training test modules.
British Council, IDP Australia and the University of Cambridge ESOL are the governing bodies responsible for conducting the exam on designated centers. The test is offered four times in a month in 38 cities across in India.
According to the 2019 test pattern, the Listening, Reading and Writing tests are conducted on the same day while students might have to take the speaking module on the same day itself or within seven days prior to the Listening, Reading and Writing test. Tests need to be taken on the given days failing to do so have undesired consequences.
|TEST MODULES||TOTAL DURATION= 2 hours 45 minutes|
The IELTS has band scales 0 to 9 with each band designating level of proficiency in the language.
The academic and general test modules are similar in some test components:
Listening is same for both the modules.
- It consists of four parts, 40 items:
- The first part is a conversation between two individual
- The second is a monologue/speech.
- The third part is a conversation among a maximum of four people set in an academic setting.
- The final one is a monologue on an academic subject
- Each part is heard only once.
*Starting from 4th January, 2020 some changes have been made for IELTS Listening test:
- Task 1 will not have a sample recording for test takers at the beginning of the test.
- Page number references will not be there but question number references will be given.
- “Sections” of IELTS Lisening test have been changed to “Parts”.
General training Listening
Academic training Listening
- It is different in academic and general test module.
- It includes three sections, 40 items
- Text passages are given to answer questions in multiple-choice, sentence completion, summary writing, matching information, short-answers. The reading passages and questions are different in Academic and general modules.
- Each passage consists of 13-14 questions.
- The reading module has in total 40 questions.
Reading Ielts Academic
a) The syllabus includes three long texts.
b) Subject matter range from the descriptive and factual to the discursive and analytical.
c) The texts are authentic and are taken from books, journals, magazines, and newspapers.
d) These tests are appropriate for candidates entering university courses or seeking professional registration abroad.
Reading Ielts General
a) Requires candidates to read extracts from books, magazines, newspapers, notices, advertisements, company handbooks, and guidelines.
b) These are materials one is likely to encounter on a daily basis in an English speaking environment.
The writing test module is different for academic and general test.
- Topics are of general interest and suitable for candidates planning undergraduate and postgraduate studies abroad or seeking professional registration.
- It includes two tasks:
- In Task I of the Genral test format, you will be required to write a letter of 150 words whereas in the Academic test format, you will be presented with a graph, table, chart or diagram to describe, summarize or explain the information in your own words.
- In Task 2, you will be asked to write an essay of 250 words in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
- The tests are recorded for evaluation purpose and consistsof three parts that simulate a face-to-face oral interview with an examiner.
- The Speaking component assesses the candidate’suse of spoken English which takes between 11 to 14 minutes to complete.
- The entire speaking test is recorded by the examiner.
- It comprises of a 3 part one-on-one conversation.
- In Part 1, questions are asked about oneself and a range of familiar topics, such as home, family, work, studies and interests.It is 4-5 minutes long.
- In Part 2, a card is given askingthe applicant to talk about a particular topic. 1 minute is given before speaking to prepare.
- In Part 3, questions are asked related to part 3.
Here at G-Sol we train our students through a variety of easy to follow modules which are both time flexible and student friendly!There are no eligibility criteria for IELTS as per the IELTS guidelines. The test can be taken after 16 years of age in order to qualify for jobs or education purposes in those countries where English is the primary language of communication and instruction.
IELTS tests you on the basis of four skill sets which we have discussed above. Though it is to be noted that the selection process through IELTS differs from institution to institution.
NOW since you’ve become more aware of what the course is about, let us give you a little preview of what we offer as your best chosen guide:
Here at G-Sol we train our students through a variety of easy to follow modules which are both time flexible and student friendly!
IELTS Regular– classroom course:
IELTS Regular is a power-packed instructor-led IELTS program offered by G-Sol and is carefully structured to meet the specific needs of students..
It is our extremely productive classroom course and considered as the most popular & preferred.
- Regular IELTS Preparation classes last 4weeks for 112 hours, and Intensive IELTS Preparation lasts for 5 days under flexible timings.
- We invest a decent 45 to 60 minutes to all the four modules that is speaking, listening, writing, reading with additional 60 minutes discussion session.
- We conduct practice session for 15 days under skilled teachers who share the ideal approach to answer questions.
- The course is recommended for those who wish to gain from structured learning and optimize their test potential.
- Blended course comprising physical book and digital content.
- Weekly mock tests: which are meaningful, accurate and fair.
IELTS one on one- classroom course:
IELTS one on one offered by G-Sol is categorically conceived for those students who require focused and individual attention. It is most sought after and benefited by those who want to get personalized coaching or don’t find batch based learning suitable.
- Individual training with flexible timings.
- The course is designed to focus on your individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Focused individual attention for personal improvement.
More emphasis is given on student’s weak areas.
CD-IELTS Coaching Classes:
Gratis School of learning provides coaching for Computer Delivered IELTS reinforced with audio-visual aids and real exam-like environment. for more details follow the link: https://www.g-sol.net/cd-ielts-coaching-in-zirakpur/
What makes G-sol unique from others:
Utmost focus on core areas:
We have been successfully training students for acing the LRWS of IELTS, I.e. listening, reading, writing, speaking!
Band 8+ certified faculty:
Our gallery shines with the most successful batches in Zirakpur trained by highly experienced faculty.
Daily discussion and weekly progress evaluation through thoroughly prepared mock tests.
Perfection through accurate planning:
Small and flexible batches for individual attention.
Our results speaks for us:
Qualify with guaranteed 6.5 to 7+ bands score.
Unique study plan:
Accessible course plans that are easy to process by students.
We can arrange Workshops, Events & other activities to encourage student-industry interaction hence preparing them for their job interviews & make them industry-ready.
Let’s join hands and let us bring you closer to a successful future that you most highly deserve!