|IELTS Speaking module consists of 3 parts that consists of a face-to-face oral interview with a trained examiner. The examiner records the entire test session and evaluate your English speaking ability.|
|Total time duration||11 to 14 minutes|
|Total no. of Tasks||Part 1- Introduction,
Part 2-Cue Card
Part 3- General Discussion
|Nature of the Tasks||
It comprises of a 3 part one-on-one conversation test.
These include questions which test your ability.
Detailed information about the question type and their purpose of assessment.
|Tasks Sorts||Task format||Time duration||Purpose of Assessment|
|Introduction and Interview||
The Examiner gives self introduction and asks for yours.
The examiner then asks you questions on general topics such as individual interest, work, studies and family, etc.
|4 to 5 minutes||Analyses your ability to express your ideas and views on general topics based on asked questions.|
Individual long turn
You are given a written task card by the examiner.
You are then required to speak for 1-2 minutes on the given topic. You are given 1 minute for taking notes and preparing for the topic.
At the end of your speech, the Examiner asks few questions.
3 to 4 minutes
1 minute for preparation
|Your ability to speak at length on a given topic is assessed.|
Two Way Discussion
|The examiner asks questions based on task 2 and you are required to discuss and express your opinion with the examiner.||4 to 5 minutes||It tests your ability to be able to study the topic, express views and justify your thoughts.|
Key points to remember
- Keep on speaking until your time runs out or asked by the examiner to stop. You should absolutely never become silent even when you’ve given your answer.
- Speak clearly and use appropriate language. Don’t use slangs. They are not going to award you any points.
- Practiceyour speaking skills through newspaper articles, essays and online prep materials. Make sure to time yourself. Ask a friend to interview you and record your given answers. Monitor your performance and keep on practicing.
- Make yourself familiarwith the test by attempting IELTS Speaking practice tests available online.
- Join coaching classes for more advanced and accurate IELTS preparation. G-SOL in Zirakpur offers free demo classes for interested students. Pay a visit and join for complete excellence.
For sure shot success in IELTS listening, join G-SOL Institute and reap benefits from our efficiently structured coaching program.